Re: [vox] [fwd] Fwd: Windows-user tries Ubuntu: "WOW"

Rod Roark wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 December 2007 08:17, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>
>> http://kristian-hermansen.com/data/Ubuntu-FirstImpressions.ogg
>> http://kristian-hermansen.com/data/Ubuntu-OfficeFunctionality.ogg
>> http://kristian-hermansen.com/data/Ubuntu-MultimediaSupport.ogg
>>

> Very cool!  Does anyone know what (Linux) software would be good for
> making videos like this?  I'd like to do something similar, for
> medical applications training.
>
> Rod
> www.sunsetsystems.com

Hi Rod,

These were recorded while the system loaded up in VMWare. VMWare
Workstation has a feature that allows you to record the ongoing session
as a movie. I am not sure if the voiceover was a part of that recording
or was done later.

Within Linux itself, you can use Istanbul, or gtk-recordmydesktop to
record directly from screen. They both dump to Ogg.

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.