[vox] [fwd] Fwd: Windows-user tries Ubuntu: "WOW"

Seen on SF-LUG's list:

----- Forwarded message from Kristian Erik Hermansen -----

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:47:06 -0800
From: "Kristian Erik Hermansen"
Subject: [sf-lug] Fwd: Windows-user tries Ubuntu: "WOW"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kristian Erik Hermansen
Date: Dec 17, 2007 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: Windows-user tries Ubuntu: "WOW"
To: ubuntu-marketing-submissions@lists.ubuntu.com

On Dec 16, 2007 4:00 AM,  "Conrad Knauer" wrote:
> "Okay so people keep telling me how great Linux is and how user
> friendly it can be for people making the move from Windows. So I
> decided to give it a try and record the experience for good measure."
>
> http://www.johnbradbury.com/ubuntu-video-first-impressions/
> http://www.johnbradbury.com/ubuntu-video-office-functionality/
> http://www.johnbradbury.com/ubuntu-video-multimedia-support/
>
> Short summary: Guy who's something of a Windows expert and tried Linux
> a few years ago tries Ubuntu for the first time and is quite taken
> aback by how good it is (lots of 'WOW's and speechless pauses :) All
> three videos are in WMV format unfortunately.  He only had two issues
> in Ubuntu; he couldn't open Microsoft Visio files and he couldn't play
> encrypted DVDs automatically.

I think this is a great way to show how Ubuntu can be improved and how
advanced Linux users can "come back down" to reality with respect to
new Linux users.  I enjoyed watching the videos much, and I have
transcoded them to the open video format OGG Theora fr your viewing
pleasure...

http://kristian-hermansen.com/data/Ubuntu-FirstImpressions.ogg
http://kristian-hermansen.com/data/Ubuntu-OfficeFunctionality.ogg
http://kristian-hermansen.com/data/Ubuntu-MultimediaSupport.ogg
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/