2007 Nov 29 08:24

[vox] [fwd] The Google Highly Open Participation Contest

Seen on Schoolforge's mailing list:

----- Forwarded message from Yolynne Medina -----

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:22:23 +0800
From: "Yolynne Medina"
Subject: [school-discuss] The Google Highly Open Participation Contest

The Google Highly Open Participation Contest

Welcome

Following on from the success of the Google Summer of Code program,
Google is pleased to announce this new effort to get young people
involved in open source development. We've teamed up with the open
source projects listed here to give student contestants the
opportunity to learn more about and contribute to all aspects of open
source software development, from writing code and documentation to
preparing training materials and conducting user experience research.

If you're a student age 13 or older who has not yet begun university
studies, we'd love to see you help out these projects. In return,
you'll learn more about all aspects of developing software - not just
programming - and you'll be eligible to win cash prizes and the all
important t-shirt! You will, of course, need your parent or guardian's
permission to participate where applicable.

http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/