2007 Oct 26 11:51

[vox] Big-name speakers coming to BALUG; plus calendar update

[vox] Big-name speakers coming to BALUG; plus calendar update

I've updated the LUGOD website's calendar of local LUG & UG events:

  http://www.lugod.org/calendar/

While doing that, I couldn't help but notice that BALUG, one of the two
LUGs active in San Francisco, has got some big-name speakers coming to
their next few meetings:

  Tue Nov. 20 - James Burgett, Alameda County Computer Resource Center (ACCRC)
"Free Software, The Environment, Social Welfare, and the Digital Divide."

  Tue Jan. 15 - Eric S. Raymond
"Freedom, Power, and Software: What the Internet teaches us about
ethics and politics."

  Tue Feb. 19 - Bruce Perens
"Innovation Goes Public."

  Tue Apr. 18 - Eric Allman, 'Chief Science Officer' of Sendmail, Inc.
(Topic TBA)

Bay Area LUG's website is:  http://www.balug.org/

Perhaps we can arrange carpools to SF for some of these, like we did back
when Linus spoke there...?

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/