2007 Aug 30 20:24

[vox] [fwd] RMS Bay area speaking engagements, Sept 6-13

FYI:

----- Forwarded message from Steve Bibayoff <bibayoff@gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:40:48 -0700
From: "Steve Bibayoff" <bibayoff@gmail.com>
Subject: [svlug] RMS Bay area speaking engagements, Sept 6-13
To: svlug@lists.svlug.org

Hello,

Just giving everyone a heads that Richard Stallman of Free Software
fame will be coming to the bay are next week and giving various
talks/speeches around the area. All of his talks are open to the
public (and they are encouraged to attend), slight exception is when
he is speaking at Berkley on Wed, Sept 12, you must RSVP(I believe
it's a room space situation).

All info below(I'm not positive about the times, I'll update if they change).

Thursday, Sept 6 noon-12:45pm @ Sonoma State University, Darwin Hall,
room 102. Titled "The Free Software Movement". More info:
http://www.fsf.org/events/ssu20070906/view

Monday, Sept 10 12:30-2:30pm @ Stanford University, 559 Nathan Abbott
Way(I believe this is the Crown Quadrangle), room 208A. Titled
"GPLv3". Info:
http://www.fsf.org/events/stanford20070910/view

Tuesday, Sept 11 3:00-5:00pm @ San Jose State University, Student
Union Building (One Washington Square, San Jose, CA), "Umunhum Room",
Floor 2. Titled "The Free Software Movement". Info:
http://www.fsf.org/events/sjsu20070911/view

****This event at Berkley is strongly requested that you RSVP****
Wednesday,  Sept 12  4:00-5:00pm @ UC Berkeley School of Information,
South Hall, Room 110, Berkeley, CA 94720. Titled "Copyright vs.
Community". Info:
http://www.fsf.org/events/berkeleyischool20070912/view

The following event are on Thursday in San Francisco, but details
haven't been finalized yet.

Thursday, Sept 13 12:20-1:20pm @ University of San Francisco, Harney
Science Center, Kudlick Classroom (Room 235). Subject of talk is still
pending. More info:
http://www.fsf.org/events/usfca20070913/view

Thursday, Sept 13 5:30-7:00pm @ San Francisco State University. More
precise location details will be forthcoming. Talk titled "Copyright
vs. Community" and more info:
http://www.fsf.org/events/sfsu20070913/view

I repost this info again closer to the dates. Hopefully w/ all the
details filled in. Any questions, please forwarded them to either RMS
assistant Jeanne, rms-assist@gnu.org, or me (Steve Bibayoff)
bibayoff@gmail.com.

Please forward this announcement to anybody/group who may be
interested. Thank You,

Steve

ps. Richard may need a ride up to Sonoma from the Bay. I don't have
the exact details yet, but if anyone interested who could help, please
shoot me(or Jeanne, rms-assist@gnu.org) an email. TIA.

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/