2007 Aug 28 00:40

[vox] [fwd] She's Geeky unConference announcement [Oct. 22-23,Mountain View]

[vox] [fwd] She's Geeky unConference announcement [Oct. 22-23,Mountain View]

Seen on SF-LUG:

----- Forwarded message from jim stockford -----
She's Geeky  (http://www.shesgeeky.org)
 A Women's Tech (un)Conference

October 22-23 Computer History Museum, Mountain View, CA.
Start Noon Monday end 6pm Tuesday.

Cost $125 until Sept 30 after that $175.

The She's Geeky (un)conference will provide an agenda-free and
friendly environment for women who not only care about building
technology that is useful for people, but who also want to encourage
more women to get involved.

It is designed to provide women who self-identify as geeky and who are
engaged in various technology-focused disciplines with a gathering
space in which they can exchange skills and discuss ideas and form
community across and within disciplines.

Our goal is to create an open space forum for women in tech to come
together to

   1. Exchanging skills and learning from women from diverse fields of
technology.
   2. Discussing topics about women and technology.
   3. Connecting the diverse range of women in technology, computing,
entrepreneurship, funding, hardware, open source, nonprofit and any
other technical geeky field.

This is an unconference (http://www.unconference.net) so it will have
an agenda created by the people who attend.

Sheesgeeky will include women working in:

    * Open Source
    * Web 2.0
    * Biotech
    * Hardware companies
    * Enterprise IT
    * The Nonprofit Technology Sector
    * Portals
    * Search Engines
    * Social Networking Sites
    * Research for and about technology/people
    * Startups generally
    * Product building/management in large organizations
    * Robotics
    * Gaming
    * Mobile
    * Technical Writing
    * Your definition of geekiness (if you don't see it here add it)

We have a wonderful organizing team that has come together including -
Mary Hodder, Susan Mernitt, Laurie Rae, Julian French, Deb Roy and
Melanie Swan.

We have a sponsorship package ready - if you are interested in
learning more please e-mail us at shesgeeky@gmail.com .

We have media sponsorships available to women's tech groups with
limited (or no) budget.

If you would like to be volunteer or sponsor please contact us at :
Shesgeeky@gmail.com

Any other questions - don't hesitate to ask.
shesgeeky@gmail.com

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/