2007 Aug 06 11:55

[vox] Annc: User-Group Booth at LinuxWorld Conf & Expo this week(#644)

[vox] Annc: User-Group Booth at LinuxWorld Conf & Expo this week(#644)

As you probably know, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo [1] takes this week at
Moscone Center in San Francisco.  IDG has been kind enough to provide a free
booth for Bay Area User Groups. [2]

Members of the following organizations have volunteered to represent their
group during the 3-day-long Expo:

  * Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD)
  * San Francisco Linux Users Group (SF-LUG)
  * Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG; also in SF)
  * Sillicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Interest Group (bayPIGgies)
  * San Francisco Bay Area Plone User Group (PloneLounge)
  * Consortium of All Bay Area Linux (CABAL)

On behalf of these groups [3], I'd like to invite those of you attending LWCE
this year to drop by the booth and say 'hi'.

If you have friends and colleagues attending LWCE, and would like to
introduce them to the User Group scene, please send them our way!

And finally, if you'd like to throw some of your time at the booth as a
volunteer, please let Jim Stockford or I know! [4]

Thanks!

--
Bill Kendrick
pr@lugod.org

[1] http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/

[2] The "LUGS" booth is #644.  Note that is NOT in the ".org Pavillion"
    this year.  This year's LWCE Exhibit Hall floor plan is available online:
    http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/dev/images/other/Website_NGDC_&_LWSFO7.pdf

[3] I'm Public Relations officer and Vice President of LUGOD in Davis.
    Together with Briana Pontremoli from IDG and Jim Stockford from SF-LUG,
    I've been helping keep track of volunteers and scheduling for this booth.
    ( http://www.lugod.org/projects/lwe/ )

[4] Jim: jim@well.com
    Me: nbs@sonic.net

(Your address: vox@lists.lugod.org )