2007 Jun 20 13:46

Re: [vox] DSL Recommendation?

On Monday 18 June 2007 16:23:20 Bill Kendrick wrote:
> I always highly recommend Sonic.net.  I know they go as far as Davis,
> but cannot guarantee they service Sacramento.  (Honestly, though, I think
> they can do DSL pretty much anywhere the phone company can wire it.)

It looks like Sonic.net is available in the area we'll be moving to, and they
offer static IP addresses for a pretty competitive rate; more expensive than
AT&T but significantly cheaper than other providers I've seen.  Their most
basic static IP account includes 4 static IP addresses, though, and since I
have a router, I can't imagine what I would ever do with more than one.

AT&T's reliability and uptime has been remarkable, but support stinks (I'm
always entirely on my own when it comes to networking questions and so on).
I am, however, pretty disturbed by some of their business practices, and
would rather not give them my money if I can avoid it.

Editor In Chief, Daikaijuzine (http://www.daikaijuzine.com)
AIM: Buffalo2K / GTalk: underpope@gmail.com
"We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is."
	(Kurt Vonnegut, 1922 - 2007)