2007 Jun 12 07:24

Re: [vox] Free laptops with issues

Hello Charles,

Anyone grab the Sony Vaio?

Much Thanks!
Mike

On 6/10/07, Charles McLaughlin <cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
Sony Vaio
P3 450 Mhz
256 MB RAM
12(?) GB hard drive
14" screen
The problem:  it doesn't charge.  Only powers on while docked (included).

Dell Inspiron 2100
P3 700 Mhz
512 MB Ram
30 GB hard drive
The problem:  the built-in display is dead.  Works fine with an external
monitor.  I'm pretty sure the ribbon cable that goes from the mobo to
the lcd is frayed.  I tried to order one from Dell, but they only sell
that part with the lcd.  I'll throw in the dock for this one too.

Free to a good Linux running home.  Email me off-list if you're interested.

Charles
cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu

When in the Potemkin Wired be a Potemkin Lain.