2007 Jun 12 07:24

[vox] Free laptops with issues

Sony Vaio
P3 450 Mhz
256 MB RAM
12(?) GB hard drive
14" screen
The problem: it doesn't charge. Only powers on while docked (included).

Dell Inspiron 2100
P3 700 Mhz
512 MB Ram
30 GB hard drive
The problem: the built-in display is dead. Works fine with an external monitor. I'm pretty sure the ribbon cable that goes from the mobo to the lcd is frayed. I tried to order one from Dell, but they only sell that part with the lcd. I'll throw in the dock for this one too.

Free to a good Linux running home. Email me off-list if you're interested.

Charles
cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu