2007 Apr 20 08:51

Re: [vox] RE: [vox-announce] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events

Re: [vox] RE: [vox-announce] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events

I have found a new knoppix ver in torrent that I am trying to d/l.  5.2.  Nice look and the best part, I see that it supports most wifi cards.

Problem is since it is so new it is only available through a few sources.  Bittorent tells me that my est. d/l time is 15 days.  I don't even know if it is in English.

My 2 cents:
I think that for the masses live cds/dvds are the way to go and there are sooooooo many distros out there it is unreal.

Linux gurus might be all into the shell, line commands and only one flavor of Linux but these people are not the norm.  People want pizzazz, color and eyecandy.  People want what windows gave them throughout the years WITHOUT the crashes, vulnerability, restrictions and monopoly cost.

I have been looking into Linux flavors for some time now.  It is very interesting to see how it all has morphed.  The only thing that truly gets me down is the compatibility issues with hardware, especially with the video drivers.  I have recently found out that NVIDIA sold it soul to the devil (Micro$oft) for then to solely have rights to pre bundled drivers. Maybe someone can clarify this finding if deemed wrong.

I am a mechanic and although I can fix almost any type of car problem there is,  that doesn't mean that I know computers and things associated with it.

Rock on Esteban.

Jimbo