2007 Apr 20 08:51

Ubuntu 7.04 Released! [[vox] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events]

Ubuntu 7.04 Released! [[vox] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events]

FYI, Ubuntu 7.04 ("Feisty Fawn") was released at ~7:30 am (Pacific time) this morning! :)

...though I'd recommend either finding a damn good mirror, or waiting awhile for the download, until the hubbub dies down a bit. I'm upgrading my work box atm (home's been running Feisty for about a month), and downloads are at ~20kbs :-/

-Micah

Esteban Neck Perez Retamozo wrote:
What distros do you need?
I have many distros, most of them are DVD-Lives and DVD Linux distros.

ESTEBAN

> Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:17:39 -0700
> From: nbs@sonic.net
> To: vox-announce@lists.lugod.org
> Subject: [vox-announce] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events
>

> LUGOD is planning to attend the "Whole Earth Festival" at UC Davis
> (http://wef.ucdavis.edu/ - May 11-13), and is hoping to attend the
> "Government Technology Conference" in Sacramento
> (http://www.govtech.net/events/ - May 16-18).
>
> One of the things LUGOD does at these kinds of events is hand out free
> software CDs, such as Linux live CDs, Linux distro installers, and
> Open Source software collections for Windows.
>
> Volunteers are sought who can help produce these CD handouts.
> So, if you have a CD writer, blank discs and some free time, please help
> us out!
>
> For links and more info., visit our WEF and GTC planning pages:
>
> http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/
> http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/
>
> You can discuss these events on our 'vox-outreach' mailing list:

> Thanks in advance,
>
> -bill!
> pr@lugod.org
> http://www.lugod.org/