2007 Apr 16 22:48

Re: [vox] mythtv anyone?

MC> I too am interested, as I've just recently been thinking of doing the
MC> same thing.

Well, I've been using fedora for ages and decided today "hey, lets
give it a shot; what the heck" so I did a yum install mythtv-suite
and got it up and running with little effort on my laptop as a test
case to see if I wanted to spend the energy and $$ on a real system.

What do ya know; it's pretty easy to get up and running these days
(the complaints from ages ago about it being impossible are mostly
gone; some things are confusing but not too many).

So, it's running on my laptop (both front and back ends)...  I'll try
ripping a DVD with it as I have no video capture card.  I have to say
though, looks very slick.  Puts my tivo series 1 to shame!