2007 Apr 16 22:47

Re: [vox] mythtv anyone?

Micah Cowan wrote:
I'd be particularly interested to know what people have used for casing. Also, what IR equipment/remotes people have had experience with.
The tuner cards came with remotes and a little IR receiver to stick to the front of the machine. I used those with the LIRC software and all was well. They seem to support button codes from pretty much any remote out there (or you can make your own config file if you want to move buttons around) - so you just need some way to get the IR signal digitized.

BTW, what was the second tuner for: picture-in-picture? Or is there another use?

PIP worked, but it was really for when two shows you want to watch are on at the same time - that way you can record both. I read an article about a guy in Canada who set up a MythTV backend cluster to record 30 different channels at once, IIRC.