2007 Apr 12 17:17

Re: [vox] Alt Speaker in April

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 01:25:00PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:52:34PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
I'm working on a Geography GIS seminar this quarter and we might be getting someone from Google to come up and talk, I've planted the idea that maybe this person could double dip and talk at Lugod too.
How set is the 4/16 talk on Oracle?
Since I'm still not exactly sure this is still just an idea, are people interested in it? When would we need confirmation by?
I'm aiming to get this all worked out by Friday.
Alex - Oracle can move to May, and in fact that will work out better for
them -- there'll be more, new interesting things to talk about.

Well I heard back from my contact briefly only to say she didn't have time to figure it out and would get back to me, but it's been a week and we scheduled someone else for my Geography seminar, so I would saw its a no go for April on Google stuff.

So we should finalize something else.

Alex