2007 Mar 29 17:16

Re: [vox] Extremely low meeting attendance!

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 06:24:08PM -0700, Gandalf Parker wrote:
> Its hard to find things for a user group that cant be gotten easier
> online. Specific walk-thru help comes to mind.

Well, to me, going to LUG meetings is kind of like surfing TV.

There are shows I watch on a regular basis.  Similarly, there are things I
do with my Linux box on a regular basis.

Sometimes it's interesting to see what ELSE people can do in a kitchen,
or with their Linux box.  It's kind of like living vicariously.  I don't
have the need or time to play with virtualization, embedded systems,
3D modelling, etc.  It's nice to watch an expert do it, and talk about it,
though.

I'm less inclined to go Googling for something I'm not doing myself, even
on a hobby basis.  I'm more than happy to go participate in a social
environment (a LUG meeting) and watch it done, and talk about it for
a one evening.  *shrug*