2007 Feb 13 21:26

Re: [vox] Streaming flash videos yourself (no YouTube or Google Videoneeded)

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 01:01:58PM -0800, Dave Margolis wrote:
> Bill, this couldn't have come at a better time - I am currently
> researching how to do a local YouTube-ish Flash-based-video system.
> Thanks for sending and keep us posted on your progress!

I actually found a free Flash application (".swf" file) that allows
you to simply tell it what FLV file to stream, and it does all the work.
I don't need to generate separate SWF files for each video.  Just change
a variable in the HTML's "<object>" tag.

  http://flowplayer.sourceforge.net/

I found that ffmpeg on my Debian Stable colo server lacked MP3 support,
so my AVI->FLV conversions were dropping audio.  So, I installed LAME from
source, and FFMPEG with "--enable-libmp3lame" from source.

I just ran  ffmpeg -i INPUT.avi -acodec mp3 -ar 22050 OUTPUT.flv
on each of the AVIs, and I should be set!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/