2007 Jan 31 08:04

[vox] Introducing A Book And Podcast For Newcomers To Linux [fwd]

----- Forwarded message from Marland Dunn <mardunn@verizon.net> -----

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:10:59 -0500
From: Marland Dunn <mardunn@verizon.net>
Subject: Introducing A Book And Podcast For Newcomers To Linux
To: root@lugod.org, sys@lugod.org

Hi LUGOD,

I'm Marland Dunn and I love using the Linux graphical desktop and my
mission in life is to bring awareness and help with the adaptation and
acceleration of Linux on desktop computers worldwide. This is why I
started a podcast and wrote a book on using Linux on a desktop computer
for newcomers to Linux.

Linux Desktop For Beginners is an introduction to Linux and Open Source
Software written to give a quick, but thorough overview and
understanding of the Linux desktop in the easiest possible fashion.”

Linux on the Desktop (Linux Desktop For Beginners) Podcast is a podcast
for people new to Linux that focuses exclusively on how to use Linux on
a desktop computer. The Linux on the desktop Podcast only talks about
how to use Linux on a desktop computer and not news and events. This is
what makes Linux on the desktop Podcast different.

My goal with Linux Desktop For Beginners and Linux on the Desktop
Podcast is to help people new to Linux become comfortable and confident
using Linux on a desktop computer by supplementing and complimenting
each other.

Linux Desktop For Beginners is available at www.lulu.com/content/504889

Go to the Linux on the desktop Podcast web site at
www.linuxonthedesktop.org to download the podcast episodes, read the
show notes, join the Linux on the desktop Community Frappr Map and learn
more.

“Linux and Open Source bring the world closer by using software with
Freedom and Choice.”

Cordially,

Marland Dunn
mardunn@verizon.net