2007 Jan 19 12:18

[vox] Iceweasel

I was looking forward to Firefox 2.0, and today Apt said it was going to
download it.  But voila, out came Iceweasel.

I'm always the last to find out about tech stuff, and I may have missed a
discussion here.  If so, I apologize for asking about it now.

I've read a little bit about the Mozilla/Debian "controversy?" on Wikipedia,
and will read more when I get the time.  I'm just writing this so that I can
learn more about what people here think about it.  So if anyone has an
opinion, I'd like to hear it.

I'm assuming that if I were using Apt on Fedora or Kubuntu or Open Suse I
would have gotten Firefox instead of Iceweasel, right?

Thank you.

Bob