Re: [vox] [OT] CDs obsolete? [Mp3 Music For Linux?]

Re: [vox] [OT] CDs obsolete? [Mp3 Music For Linux?]

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 06:33 pm, Bill Kendrick nbs-at-sonic.net |lugod|
wrote:
> We actually don't listen to CDs in the car lately due to the fact that
> we ripped all of our CDs and shoved them in a box in the closet.  Too hard
> to get to them.
>
> We have an iPod, but it's a bit of a pain to use, especially considering
> the only way to listen to the iPod in the car is with an FM tuner doo-dad,
> which gets interference by the plethora of real broadcast radio stations
> out here in the bay area. :^)
>
> The 100 mile drive to Davis and back would probably require re-tuning the
> car stereo and the iPod->FM gadget at /least/ once.
>

> What we need is a better iPod solution for the car (AUX input, or better
> yet, one of those car stereos that actually control the iPod over USB).

I'm hoping to hack my car stereo to add an AUX input.  I'll be sure to let
you know how this goes.

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/