January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Mp3 Music For Linux?

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 04:41:07PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> 1. Open up an xterm.
> 2. Put a CD into your CD drive.
> 3. type this: "cdparanoia foo.wav"
> 4. type this: "lame foo.wav foo.mp3"

Personally, I find these solutions a lot easier:

1. Put CD into your CD drive.

2. Let KDE ask you if you want to rip the CD.

-- OR --

1. Put CD into your drive.

2. Open Konqueror
     -or-
   Click K menu -> Run Command...
     -or-
   Press [Alt] + [F2]

3. Type:  "audiocd:/MP3"

4. Highlight all of the MP3s, drag them to a new folder somewhere.

-- OR --

1. Put CD into your drive

2. Click K menu -> Multimedia -> KAudioCreator CD Ripper

3. Highlight the tracks you want to rip

4. Click "Rip Selection"

There are no doubt similar solutions for folks using a GNOME-based desktop.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/