2006 Nov 26 11:04

Re: [vox] cell phone contracts

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 12:02:05PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Sun 26 Nov 06,  9:39 AM, Marc Elliot Hall <marc@hallmarc.net> said:
> >
> > My wife's phone is the cheap Motorola model that T-Mobile offered at a
> > discount when I added her to my existing plan. I have a PalmOne Treo 600,
> > based on PalmOS (which I understand is going to be retired soon *sob*).
>
> For reals?  Scuttlebutt?  Or official?
>
> That's terrible news.  I love PalmOS.

OTOH, head to PalmSource.com and notice the word "Linux" in big letters ;)

  http://www.palmsource.com/home.html

LinuxDevices.com has had news about it.  For example,

  "Access, PalmSource ease toward integration"

    Access acquired PalmSource just over a year ago, outbidding Palm
    and Motorola, among others. Since then, Access and PalmSource have
    collaborated on a Linux stack for mobile phones, dubbed Access Linux
    Platform (ALP).