2006 Nov 26 13:22

[vox] Gaming

I have just put together my new dream machine but am not getting the benchmark score that I should.

Here is a breakdown of my system:
evga geforce 8800gtx graphic card
intel core 2 dual 6700 2.6 processor
evga nforce 680i sli mainboard
corsair ddr2 800 2gb memory
850w power supply

I should be getting a number like 10500 but I am getting 8450.  Still ok but can be better.

I have updated my drivers and my bios but to no avail.  Talking to the gpu techs on saturday told me if I knew of someone that has an sli board then I might try my card in their machine.  Alas, I only know of one friend that has a similar machine (almost identical) but he lives in san diego.

Any ideas?  Anybody that has a system that comes close to mine?  Anybody know what the heck that I'm talking about?  I will talk to a tech guru on monday and see if there is anything on my end using my own machine to diagnose my problem.

Jimbo