2006 Oct 22 14:26

Re: Re: [vox] Converting Ubuntu Box into an Access Point

Re: Re: [vox] Converting Ubuntu Box into an Access Point

On Sunday 22 October 2006 08:27 am, Benjamin Allistair ammystars-at-gmail.com
|lugod| wrote:
> Yes, I'm using a 3 year old SMC Elite Connect. This does indeed have a
> prism2 chip. I can't even get the thing to authenticate using WEP. It
> should at least do that. My config file should be adequate. I set the
> wep key manually with iwconfig.
>
> Maybe I'll try reflashing, however I don't want to risk bricking the thing.

You can upload firmware into ram at runtime, which can't brick the card.
I'll try to find my scripts for you.  What version firmware does it have?

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/