2006 Sep 26 13:25

Re: [vox] Laptop purchase recomendation

I got two laptops for the about $1000 range:

One way to go
   i got a thinkpad T42 from craigslist ($900), wiped out
windows, put on Fedora Core 5, and had a tough time
getting the wifi to work. Finally did it--it's tricky.

Better way to go
   MUCH BETTER: I bought a LS1250 from RCUBED
with fast hard drive, 1GB RAM, 1.5GHZ CPU, 12 inch
display, dual boots Ubuntu and Fedora--I love it and
I love RCUBED--about $1300 total, works great. Took
about two weeks from ordering to receiving.

http://shoprcubed.com/

Note--there are several sites with "rcubed" or some
variant in their names. It's the shoprcubed.com site
that represents this company.