2006 Sep 05 10:54

Re: [vox] Software for Flyers

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:17:29AM -0700, Marianne Waage wrote:
> I suspect one reason they don't try it is that filters are often
> color-space specific. And every tool that applies color probably is also.
> It would likely be a major overhaul for a very minor audience. I mean,
> how many print-designing Linux users could there be? :)

Yeah, they're all busy doing 3D for movies. ;^D

So I imagine that the GEGL stuff, if and when it arrives, may handle this.
(I've heard of GEGL in terms of supporting 16 bits per color channel,
i.e., 48bpp RGB and 64bpp RGBA images.)

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEGL

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/