2006 Sep 05 08:32

Re: [vox] Software for Flyers

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 05:56:31PM -0700, Ken Herron wrote:

> I got my wife a Macintosh. Now she's able to support herself, even
> though her favorite computer term is "thingie".

So far Melissa still prefers KDE over XP and OS X (we have all three at home
now), and will let me give her Kubuntu once I buy her that IBM X-41 tablet PC.
For now she's on an ever-aging Debian/testing T-20.

Admittedly, there's some graphics software she's seen for Mac & Windows
that she'd really like to use, but since that means (1) spending lots of $$
and (2) using my PC or the Mac my the uncomfortable 'office' bedroom in our
apartment, she's not bothered.

Personally, between GIMP and what I've seen of Xara, I no longer see the
point of caring about proprietary apps.  (Although GIMP still pisses me
off these days.)