2006 Sep 01 18:44

Re: [vox] Software for Flyers

On Friday 01 September 2006 15:02, Bob Scofield wrote:
> On Friday 01 September 2006 13:37, Rod Roark wrote:
> > My wife is asking me this, and I don't know the answer.  What's a good
> > Linux-compatible software package for creating flyers and posters?
>
> I think you know the answer and are just showing off the fact that you have a
> wife that uses Linux.  I've been trying for many years to get my wife to use
> Linux, but have failed.  I can't even get my son to use Linux, and he's a
> college student.

Actually, my wife had originally suggested that I preface her request
with this:

    Because my husband, Rod Roark, is a committed Linux user, I've
    had little to no choice in what operating system I can use at
    home.  (Rod would argue that I DO have a choice; and technically
    that's correct, however, the fairly  consistently good support
    he gives me is for his favorite: Linux.)

So, you see, the trick is to be not very good at supporting Windows.
This notion of "strategic incompetence" can be applied to other areas
such as cooking and cleaning.  ;-)

Rod