2006 Aug 25 15:41

[vox] [fwd] CUE.org (and NECC) Free and Open Source SoftwareSession Submissions

[vox] [fwd] CUE.org (and NECC) Free and Open Source SoftwareSession Submissions

Seen on Schoolforge's mailing list:

----- Forwarded message from Steve Hargadon <steve.hargadon@gmail.com> -----

The Computer Using Educators (CUE.org) annual conference is March 1-3,
2007 in Palm Springs, CA.  We have been asked to re-create our large
Linux thin-client lab again this year, and will hold concurrent
speaker sessions on Free and Open Source Software in the lab.

The deadline for normal CUE applications for speaking sessions is
September 4th.  HOWEVER, speakers in our Open Source Lab for CUE will
be handled outside of their normal submission process and should be
made directly to me.  If you have already submitted a proposal for a
session at CUE that you would prefer be done in the lab, please let me
know so that we can flag that.

We have also been asked to provide a lab/speaker venue for the
National Educational Computing Conference (NECC) in Atlanta next June.
Those interested in speaking at NECC as part of our Open Source lab
there should also contact me directly, and I will let you know the
procedure for submitting proposals when you do.

Both shows have expressed a great appreciation for the lab and will be
including the speakers from our lab in their regular conference
program.  For my part, I am appreciative of the caliber of speakers
that we have had, and thank those who have taken part.

Please forward this message to anyone that you feel might want to take
part in presenting on Free and Open Source software at either of these
shows.

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon