2006 Aug 20 02:25

Re: [vox] Why Linux FS doesn't need defragmenting

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 01:28:33AM -0700, Ryan wrote:
> If you spend that much you're getting ripped off.  A 300GB Seagate Barracuda
> drive can be had for just over $100, or on the high end, $350 for a 750GB
> drive.

Honestly, I forgot how much it was.  I bought a copy of *shudder* Windows XP
at the same time, and I think Windows cost more than my new drive.

-bill!
(should go without saying that the copy of Kubuntu I installed on that
new drive cost me all of 1 blank CD and an hour of my DSL line's time.)