2006 Aug 19 01:43

[vox] [fwd] Linux Management Survey Results

Wow, I totally sat on this email for months!  My apologies!

----- Forwarded message from Andi Mann <amann@enterprisemanagement.com> -----

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:36:23 -0700
From: "Andi Mann" <amann@enterprisemanagement.com>
Subject: Linux Management Survey Results
To: <pr@lugod.org>

Hi,

You might remember in November last year, I asked for assistance from
you and members of the Linux Users Group of Davis (LUGOD) for our
research on the cost and effort involved in managing Linux server
environments. Your members' responses to our web survey were added to a
wide-ranging random telephone survey and in-depth interviews to get a
vendor-neutral look at Linux system management.

Well, the study is complete now, and I promised to send it to you when
it was done. You can get the executive summary from OSDL's web site at
http://osdl.org/newsroom/studies/EMA, and the full PDF is available at
the web site of the main sponsor (Levanta) at
http://www.levanta.com/linuxstudy/. Please feel free to pass these links
along to your members, at your discretion. Both the summary and the full
report are available free of charge.

I want to thank you again for your help with collecting primary data for
this study. Due to the anonymous nature of the web survey, I cannot be
sure that your members contributed, but I am sure they will be
interested to see the results anyway.

If you have any questions or comment, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Andi Mann
Senior Analyst
Enterprise Management Associates.