January 6: Social gathering
2006 Aug 12 11:44

[vox] gcc using smp

http://myownlittleworld.com/miscellaneous/computers/piprogram.html

I downloaded this benchmark. I'm running Ubuntu PPC on a powermac dual
cpu G5. Trying the provided PPC Linux binary, and then also compiling
from source I'm only getting one CPU used by gcc. While running the
benchmark.

I'm fairly new to Ubuntu. But is there a place to set gcc to use both
CPUs? I know in gentoo it's in /etc/make.conf but ubuntu doesn't have
one of those.

Scott

These were my CFLAGS for the program:

#Set this to best optimization flags for your system. Defaults are for gcc.
CFLAGS = -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops

#Set this to the cpu to target
CFLAGS += -mcpu=G5 -maltivec