2006 Aug 08 14:30

Re: [vox] Linux capable WRT54Gs?

Ken Bloom wrote:
I think my current Linksys router is dying after 5 years of service, and it's probably time to replace it. Does anybody know whether it's still possible to get a Linksys WRT54G with linux support? (I was poking around and I noticed that they're on to new versions that don't use Linux as the firmware base anymore). Are there other cheap linux-based wireless routers available?

--Ken

Ken,

You can try getting any WRT54G(S) that is version 1,2,3, or 4. You are right in that version 5 is NOT linux based. Linksys has a WRT54GL which IS linux based.

http://www.wrt54gl.com/

Good Luck
-Mark