2006 Aug 08 14:07

[vox] [fwd] SVLUG August 2nd Meeting: Virtual Infrastructure[Mountain View]

----- Forwarded message from "J. Paul Reed" -----

The Silicon Valley Linux Users Group (SVLUG) meets this Wednesday, (that's
tonight!):

WHEN:

  Wednesday, August 2, 2006
  7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION:

  TOPIC:
    Virtualization and Virtual Infrastructure

  PRESENTED BY:
    Jack Lo
    Sr. Director of R & D, VMware

  TOPIC SUMMARY:
    VMware has just released a set of technologies relating to
    virtualization which they call "virtual infrastructure." These
    technologies encompass significantly more than just virtualizing the
    x86 platform.

  ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
    Jack Lo is Sr. Director of R & D at VMware. Jack manages the VMware
    virtual machine group, which is responsible for the virtual hardware
    platform across VMware's products. Prior to joining VMware, Jack was
    at Transmeta Corporation for 5 years, where he held several engineering
    management positions, the most recent being Director of Software
    Engineering. Jack received a Ph.D. in computer science from the
    University of Washington in 1998, and B.S./M.S. degrees in computer
    science from Stanford University.

NIFTY OF THE MONTH:

  To be announced.

LOCATION:

  Symantec  (formerly Veritas Software Corp.)
  VCAFE Facility
  350 Ellis Street  (near E. Middlefield Road)
  Mountain View, CA 94043

    http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.shtml

  webmaster {at} svlug -dot- org

MEETING REFRESHMENTS:

  Open Country (http://www.opencountry.com/) will be graciously providing
  refreshments for this meeting.

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

  restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
  selection at the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you there!

--
J. Paul Reed