2006 Jul 22 21:55

Re: [vox] give me a "v". give me an "i". give me an "m".

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 09:47:41PM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> just updated debian.
>
> has anyone else noticed the new vim enhancement when you do ctrl-p or ctrl-n
> word completion?  wow!!!!
>
> given this, i wonder how long we'll have to wait for vim to detect typing
> out a function like
>
>    snprintf( myStr,
>
> and something pops up that says "size_t size".

Yes, that's cool (it's called "omni completion").

I also like the /branching/ undos (where you can go back to a previous
point, and then follow back through a separate set of changes you made,
and subsequently undid and did something else. Even though they're a bit
cumbersome to use.

Regarding your question above? You won't have to wait at all, it's
already there. It /does/ require you've got ctags set up for it. See
:help ft-c-omni :)

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/