2006 Jun 24 11:21

[vox] [Humor] On "hacking tools"

"Researchers Hack Wi-Fi driver to Breach Laptop"
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/22/0312240

One of the comments to this article was:

  Then you would have the problem of defining what a hacking tool
  actualy is.  A definition inclusive enough to actualy be usefull would
  likely include tools that were not intended to be used for hacking and
  have legitamate uses.

To which a clever and witty person replied:

  Webster to the rescue

    Hacking: to make chopping strokes or blows
    Tool: a handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task

    An example of a hacking tool is an ax or hatchet. Almost all laptops
    seem vulnerable to this hacking tool.  One previously unknown exploit
    is that this hacking tool can make a wired network into a wireless
    network.

    Thank you and good night.

In the words of Ed McMahon:  "Heeeyooooo!"  ;^)