2006 Jun 19 15:32

[vox] [fwd] PenLUG this week: GTK+ in C++, Doug Barbieri [Thur,June 22, Belmont (peninsula)]

Our very own Doug Barbieri speaks at PenLUG this Thursday!

----- Forwarded message from Bill Ward -----

Date:  Thursday, June 22th, 2006
Time:  meeting 7:00 - 9:00 PM, social/networking until 10 PM
Location:  Twin Pines Park, 1225 Ralston Ave, Belmont, CA 94002
RSVP: rsvp@penlug.org or http://upcoming.org/event/86257
(Note: RSVP is not required but we would like to know roughly how many
people to expect)

Speaker: Doug Barbieri, GTK in C++

The talk will cover the basics of gtkmm from the obligatory "Hello
World" application to working with TreeView widgets. Layout, signals,
menus and toolbars and dialogs will be discussed. At the end of the
talk, an example application written using gtkmm will be shown.

Doug Barbieri is a software engineer living and working in Davis, CA.
He has been professionally designing and writing software for over 20
years. He is also a big fan of cross-platform, portable applications.

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/