2006 Jun 12 09:35

Re: [vox] multimedia metadata

>>>>> On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:41:58 -0400, p@dirac.org (Peter Jay Salzman) said:

Peter> i've got more mp3's from obscure bands than i'll ever be able
Peter> to recall.  some phenomenal, some lackluster, a lot is
Peter> mediocre.  it's a problem trying to remember what music out of
Peter> the 100+ GB stood out when i listened to it.

If you haven't tried amarok, a KDE player and music catalog, I'd
suggest you give that a whirl.  It does a great job of cataloging
stuff based on both a user ranking and a ranking based on how much
you've listened to stuff.