2006 May 23 23:14

Re: [vox] Debian + KDE vs. Kubuntu

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 18:33 -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2006, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 19:04 -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > Micah, JOOC, what games do you play that don't run on Wine?
> >
> > If you like Wine, Ubuntu has Debian beat hands-down. The reason is
> > that I build the Ubuntu Wine packages, and they're actually kept up
> > to date :)
>
> Uh... dapper has 0.9.9[1] and testing and unstable have 0.9.11. Granted,
> 0.9.13 is out, but claiming that dapper is more up to date than
> unstable seems a bit disingenuous.

http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

Click the link.  More up-to-date (0.9.13) packages are available there,
and they're built for dapper and breezy (by me).

I'll be moving the 0.9.13 package into dapper within a week or so.  The
point, however, is that you can be running stable ubuntu (breezy or
dapper when it comes out) and still get the latest wine backported.

-Scott Ritchie