2006 May 18 12:38

[vox] Davis Food Co-Op and tamales

An odd request...

When I lived in Davis, the Food Co-Op had these frozen tamales.  They were
huge.  As in, you had to microwave one for over 5 minutes to thaw it out.

The company that made them donated 5% of their proceeds to preserving the
rain forests.

There were 3 varieties.  One of them was chile, black bean and cheese.  They
were all vegetarian.

I called the Co-Op, but the person didn't remember them.  I think the Co-Op
actually stopped selling them before I left Davis.

Does anyone remember these things?

Thanks,
Pete