2006 Mar 20 14:40

Re: [vox] Running Debian on a Laptop

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Bob Scofield wrote:
> I recently subscribed to the Debian-laptop list, and I see that some
> people are having a hard time getting Debian to run on laptops.
> Those who have older kernels especially have problems. And it looks
> like solving those problems sometimes requires recompiling a kernel.

Often; but nowdays if it's a big deal, you can generally just use a
recent etch d-i nightly and install to the laptop, assuming 2.6.15
actually supports your laptop.

There's really no reason to even consider a commercial distro, since
it's quite easy to install testing with a new kernel (and it even has
security support.)

Don Armstrong

--
She was alot like starbucks.