January 6: Social gathering
2006 Mar 12 02:36

Re: [vox] a dual-boot system?

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:58:11 -0800
yamara@plush.org (Marianne Waage) wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:35:37PM -0800, Cylar Z wrote:
> > Background. My dad is 60 years old, which means he is
> > from a generation that didn't grow up around
> > computers.
>
> That's funny. My dad is 60 years old, and he's dabbled with punch
> card computers and such since college. You might want to be more
> careful with broad sweeping statements :)

My dad is 74, so I guess he missed the window. ;) He's been working with
computers since forever, and has some fascinating "war stories" to tell.
Sometimes I'm tempted to try to get him to do a talk for a LUGOD
meeting, his views on UNIX are from a different perspective than most
of us.

On the other hand, all generalities have exceptions, including this
one. Two or three exceptions aren't statistically significant. I expect
that the average 60-year-old did indeed not grow up playing with
computers, and is likely to be less tech-savvy than current
generations.