2006 Mar 11 14:43

Re: [vox] a dual-boot system?

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:26:45PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> Except that Fedora has Apt, and so installing software will be easier than
> installing software in Windows, right?

Well, depends on what you want to install?  One of 10s of 1000s of readily
available Open Source applications?  Or some CDROM off the shelf at OfficeMax,
or some random download off some random website? :^)

But yeah, if you stick to package-managed apps, it's usually _delightful_!

PS - I played with Adept on Kubuntu as a LiveDVD when Melissa's laptop HDD
started dying, and we shipped it off for RMA replacement.  I was able to
install FireFox and Gnumeric _into RAMdisk_ using Adept, and the whole setup
_just worked_.  It was a thing to behold!

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel