2006 Mar 05 12:59

Re: [vox] Recent business card distro

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 19:27, Jedediah Coy wrote:
> Slax Frodo uses the 2.6 kernel.
> http://slax.linux-live.org/download.php

Thanks. That turns out to be better for a live desktop rather than for a
rescue CD, and there's not much you can do with it without going over a
business card's capacity.

I found the System Rescue CD (http://www.sysresccd.org/), which I've
previously mentioned here for its integration of ntfsresize. It turns
out they keep their kernels pretty recent (they've got 2.6.15.4 right
now), and they fit on a mini CD. It turns out that I can fit a
completely round mini-CD in my wallet (it doesn't have to be cut into a
busiess card, so it has 4 times as much capacity).

So I downloaded the System Rescue CD, and burned that onto a round
mini-CD.

--Ken