2006 Mar 02 11:31

[vox] [fwd] O'Reilly Gives Early Access to Cutting-Edge Technology

Oops, I forgot to pass this along over a month ago! :^(

----- Forwarded message from Marsee Henon -----

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:54:34 -0800
From: Marsee Henon
Subject: O'Reilly Gives Early Access to Cutting-Edge Technology
To: pr@lugod.org

Hello,

Can you please let your members know about the following news?

O'Reilly's Safari Books Online has just announced a new service called
Rough Cuts that gives you early access to content on cutting-edge
technologies months before it's published. Rough Cuts allows you to
purchase work-in-progress manuscripts of selected titles. You'll even
have the chance to shape the final product by sending feedback to the
author and editors. The beta version just debuted with four
works-in-progress covering Ajax, Ruby, and Flickr.
For more information, go to:
http://www.oreilly.com/roughcuts/

Titles now available:
Ajax Hacks: Rough Cuts Version
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ajaxhks/

Flickr Hacks: Rough Cuts Version
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/flickrhks/

Ruby Cookbook: Rough Cuts Version
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/rubyckbk/

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/rubyrails/

Rough Cuts FAQ
http://www.oreilly.com/roughcuts/faq.csp

Thanks!

Marsee

O'Reilly
1005 Gravenstein Highway North
Sebastopol, CA   95472
http://ug.oreilly.com/  http://www.oreilly.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel