2006 Feb 26 10:02

[vox] Maker Faire Looking for Proposals--San Mateo,CA [fwd from O'Reilly]

----- Forwarded message from Marsee Henon <marsee@oreilly.com> -----

From: Marsee Henon <marsee@oreilly.com>
To: root@lugod.org
Subject: Maker Faire Looking for Proposals--San Mateo, CA
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:51:56 -0800

Hi,

Can you share the following with anyone who might be interested?

Calling All Makers!

On April 22nd and 23rd, at the San Mateo Fairgrounds, Make magazine, the
first magazine devoted entirely to DIY technology projects, is hosting
Maker Faire. This event is the first ever public gathering of tech DIY
enthusiasts, educators, tinkerers, hobbyists, science clubs, students,
authors, and exhibitors. Maker Faire will include 6 exposition &
workshop pavilions, a 5-acre outdoor midway, over 100 exhibiting Makers,
hands-on workshops, demonstrations, DIY competitions, and the latest in
tools, kits and DIY resources. The Faire will also be featuring The
Ultimate Garage (automative meets tech DIY), Robotics, Digital
Entertainment/Gaming, Green Tech & Electronics Recycling, Ultimate
Workshop, Weird Science and the MAKE: Remix video film festival. More
info: <http://makezine.com/faire/>

The Call for Proposals is now open. If you have an interesting project
that you are bursting to share with your fellow Makers, here's your
chance! You will have the opportunity to explain how the project works
and to demonstrate it to an inquisitive and appreciative audience. Plus,
you will have the opportunity to roam the Faire and spend some downtime
with fellow Makers. Each Maker will be assigned to a half-day time slot
on Saturday or Sunday.

Your proposal should include a short description of your project and a
brief profile describing yourself. This information will appear in the
Maker Faire program and on makezine.com. Also, please state any special
requirements (power, connectivity, ventilation, etc.) you may have.

Submit a proposal today:
<http://makezine.com/faire/makers/proposal/>

Important Dates:

Maker Proposal Due: Midnight (PST) Feb. 27, 2006
Speaker Notification: March 15, 2006
Workshop and Presentations Files Due: April 10, 2006
Faire: April 22-23, 2006

Thanks!
Marsee Henon

O'Reilly