2006 Feb 17 08:53

Re: [vox] New Ubuntu and Perl books available from O'Reilly RoughCuts[fwd from O'Reilly]

Those books, Henry (and to all others) are due to release in May / June 2006. I don't believe that they're finished at this time ... though O'Reilly does have them for sale at a small discount and will take your advanced order. That said, I'm not sure why one would purchase from them at their discount level to consumers unless you're buying the electronic versions. We (and bookpool.com, and others) will have these books for sale for much less money .... in the 40% - 49% off range).

Dave Henley
www.nerdbooks.com
1681 Firman Drive, Suite 101
Richardson, TX 75081
972.470.9600 (main)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henry House" <hajhouse@houseag.com>
To: <vox@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:33 PM
Subject: [vox] New Ubuntu and Perl books available from O'Reilly Rough Cuts[fwd from O'Reilly]

----- Forwarded message from Marsee Henon <marsee@oreilly.com> -----

From: Marsee Henon <marsee@oreilly.com>
To: root@lugod.org
Subject: New Ubuntu and Perl books available from O'Reilly Rough Cuts
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:36:02 -0800

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know about these brand new Rough Cuts titles
available from O'Reilly:

Perl Hacks
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/index.html

Ubuntu Hacks
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ubuntuhks/index.html

Ajax Design Patterns
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ajaxdp/index.html

Rough Cuts is a new service that gives you early access to content on
cutting-edge technologies months before it's published. Other titles
include "Ajax Hacks," "Flickr Hacks," "Ruby Cookbook," "Ruby on Rails,"
and "Java and XML, 3rd Edition."

For more information, go to:
http://www.oreilly.com/roughcuts/

Thanks!