2006 Feb 16 08:42

[vox] [fwd] OpenGL X desktop

Admittedly a bit more impressive than I had imagined.  Well worth
watching the video.  I should made some popcorn. :^)

----- Forwarded message from Daevid Vincent -----

Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:05:26 -0800
From: "Daevid Vincent"
Subject: [svlug] OpenGL X desktop
To: <svlug@svlug.org>

Whoa. Check out this demo of a new OpenGL X desktop. IMHO it blows away the
Mac OS/X

http://www.freedesktop.org/~davidr/xgl-demo1.xvid.avi

Anyone have any other info on when this will be available? How does it work?

It looks like they're just using Gnome. Will it work with KDE too?

I want it now!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel