January 6: Social gathering
2006 Feb 02 17:58

Re: [vox] SuSE Bloat

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006, Bob Scofield wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2006 01:37 pm, Rod Roark wrote:
> > With the likes of Debian and Ubuntu around, there's not much
> > technical justification for using any commercial distribution.
>
> I have read that Debian does not have the hardware recognition that
> SuSE has.

The hardware recognition is really a function of the kernel, so Debian
will recognize any hardware that the kernel itself will support. The
only slight clarification is whether or not the kernel that is
actually distributed in the stable distribution will support it; but
in the few cases where you can't trivially install, the etch installer
should be able to install on your hardware anyway.

Don Armstrong

--
If you wish to strive for peace of soul, then believe; if you wish to
be a devotee of truth, then inquire.