2006 Jan 30 12:40

Re: [vox] Fwd: REALbasic for Linux Standard Edition - LinuxWorldAward Winner (offer and conference announcement)

Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 06:45:26PM -0600, Ken Bloom wrote:
>
>>What's the license, both for the runtime and for development? I can't
>>find any information about it on their site.
>

> When you download it, it presents an opportunity to review it the first
> time you run it. There is also text-file version of it, which I will
> send you (directly, to avoid wasting list bandwidth).
>
> Obviously, it's not a FOSS product. For a proprietary software product,
> the license seems pretty standard, nothing much to mention.

I was hoping they might have a dual-licensed runtime or somesuch, so
that REALbasic applications could be included in distros.

Gambas http://gambas.sourceforge.net/ might be a better bet. I think
they're working on ports (for Windows, the port would at least be to Cygwin)